Repair Reps & Warranties
1. Services. Stilettos & Screwdrivers LLC (“S&S LLC”) is focused on providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction. We provide electronic repair for various devices, including cell phones (cracked phone screens, speakers, charging ports, camera repairs, any electronic module we are able to repair); laptops (screen replacement, virus cleaning, hardware replacement); CPUs (virus cleaning, home network, software update); and tablets (screen replacement, virus cleaning, hardware replacement).
a) S&S LLC will only provide the services and upgrades requested by you, the customer, and will do everything within our power to meet your expectations. There may be circumstances under which we are not able to make the repairs requested, in those instances your device will be returned to you free of charge, except for a $25 shipping fee, which is non-refundable.
b) Prior to our acceptance of your device for servicing, we will complete a full diagnostic test. You hereby acknowledge and agree to the following,
- Speakers; Ear: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Speakers; Loud: Functioning: Yes ☐ No☐
- Microphone: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Multi-touch (Screen) Interface: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Camera, Front Facing: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Camera, Back: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Wifi Portal: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Screen (if repair not requested) Damaged: Yes ☐ No ☐
- The body of the laptop
o Bezel holding the screen: Damaged: Yes ☐ No ☐
o Screw supporting the Bezel: Damaged: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Camera, Front Facing: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Wifi Portal: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Keyboard: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Touch Pad (Mouse): Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Left Click Button: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
- Right Click Button: Functioning: Yes ☐ No ☐
c) If our services is requested via email or through our website, upon receipt of your device we will conduct a diagnostic test, including the physical test detailed above, and you will receive the results of such report. Prior to us commencing work on your device, you must consent to the content of the report. If there is a dispute as to the results of the diagnostic test, we will not service your device and your device will be returned to you unaltered and in the same conditioned we received it.
d) We cannot predict the length of time it will take to repair or upgrade your device. Any timeframe quoted is an estimate and not a guarantee.
e) You authorize our technician(s) to install anti-virus or any software on your device necessary to perform the requested services. You understand that in the process of working on your device, there is a potential for data loss and you agree you have backed up your data. S&S LLC will not back up any of your data prior to commencing work on your device and is not responsible for any data loss. If you wish S&S LLC to back up your data, there will be an additional charge for the back up.
2. Billing & Payments. Prior to beginning work, we will provide an estimated cost for the services request. Full payment is required upon completion of our work and your device will not be return until you pay the full amount due. Services requested via our website or through the mail are subject to a non-refundable deposit of twenty-five ($25) dollars. The deposit amount will be deducted from the cost of service, as this will cover the cost of shipping.
a) If there is an unforeseen deviation and the cost of repairs or upgrade will exceed the estimated amount, every effort will be made to contact you, inform you, and receive authorization to continue or to stop at the estimated cost. If you cannot be reached, work will stop until contact is established.
b) The estimated cost is based on the damages you requested to be repaired via email, through our website, or during the onsite assessment (collectively “initial request”). If we encounter an issue not reported by you during the initial request, there will be an additional charge for the repairs of said issues. Prior to making any additional repairs, we will notify you we encountered an unreported issue and the respective cost of its repairs. We will not proceed with the additional repairs until we receive your consent to proceed and you agree to the additional costs.
c) All Services are NON-REFUNDABLE. If there is an issue with the service we provide, every effort will be made to produce a satisfactory resolution, including but limited to, the warranties detailed below.
3. Liability. If there is damage to your software system or data loss caused by already existing issues with your system, such as viruses, bad configured software, or hardware problems/failures, you agree to indemnify and hold S&S LLC, and any person(s) associated with or involved in the services, harmless from loss or damages resulting from such issues.
a) S&S LLC is not liable for any damages that occur during shipping and will repair such damage only upon your consent to proceed and your consent to the respective cost.
b) Risk of Loss. For services requested via our website or through the mail, the risk of loss during the shipment of your device remains with you until we are in actual physical possession of the device. Your device will be returned to you by shipment with a common carrier, such as USPS, Fed-Ex, UPS, DHS etc. We are relieved of the risk of loss once your device is in the possession of the common carrier. It is your responsibility to take any and all actions with said carrier to recover your device in the event it is loss during transport.
c) Liability for Lost Device. In the event your device is lost, stolen, destroyed, damaged beyond repair, or otherwise unaccounted for (collectively referred to as “lost”) while in our possession, we will compensate you with a device of comparable make and model or pay you the depreciated value of the device, whichever costs less for us to provide. You agree this is the only relief for this circumstance and agree not to bring a claim against S&S LLC to recover damages, direct or incidental, for your lost device.
d) Device Return. For services requested via our website or through the mail, your device will be return shipped to you once the services are complete. It is your responsibility to ensure we have the correct return address. Devices dropped off with our representative(s) or left in our possession through our mobile service must be picked up the same day at the expiration of the time quoted for the service. Devices left in our possession for 30 days or more after completion of service will not be returned and is subject to sale.
4. Warranties. You understand and agree that S&S LLC is a third-party repair service, and that S&S LLC may NOT be an authorized servicer of the manufacturer for your device. Consequently, the manufacturer's warranty might be voided or otherwise not honored as result of us servicing of your device.
a) We provide a full warranty on our workmanship and any issues with the work we perform will be corrected free of cost to you. S&S LLC may use third-party products in the repair or upgrade of your device, said products are without a warranty of any kind from us, express or implied. We MAY repair or replace the third-party products at no cost only if it is subsequent to us correcting any issues with our workmanship.
b) All services and repairs are guaranteed for ten (10) business days from the day of completion or from the acceptance date. The acceptance date is deemed to be five (5) business days after the date we ship your device.
c) STILETTOS & SCREWDRIVERS LLC IS NOT MAKING ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, PROMISES OR COVENANTS, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AS TO ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO PRODUCTS AND GOODS OR THE USE OR RESULTS THEREOF.
d) INDIRECT AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL STILETTOS & SCREWDRIVERS LLC (OR ITS SUPPLIERS, VENDORS OR LICENSORS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, MULTIPLE OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES, OR FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF USE, DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OUR PRODUCTS OR GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF STILETTOS & SCREWDRIVERS LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
a) Governing Law. This Agreement has been entered into in, and is to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey applicable to contracts made and to be performed entirely within the State of New Jersey. Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, all rights and remedies granted by the Agreement are cumulative and none of which may be limited by any other right or remedy
b) Headings. The paragraph headings used herein are provided solely for the convenience of the parties and do not constitute a legally binding portion of this Agreement.
c) Severability. If any part of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect as if the invalid or unenforceable provision(s) were not a part of it.
d) Modification and Waivers. All modifications to this agreement must be made in writing. This agreement may only be modified or rescinded by a writing signed by both parties. All waivers must be in writing. The failure of S&S LLC to insist on strict performance of any provision of this agreement does not constitute as a waiver of future performance of that provision or right.
AGREED & UNDERSTOOD